TWO HANDER SLAM
(SLAM production target date is mid-JUNE 2021. Exact date & time TBD based on the availability of selected playwrights and actors.)
- All Entrants receive $5 just for submitting. You read that right! Limit 30 Submissions.
- 5 Playwrights receive $25 each just for being selected for the SLAM.
- 1st Place Prize $150.
- 2nd Place Prize $100.
- 3rd Place Prize $50.
- 14 Actors receive $20 each for performing as part of the SLAM.
- ZOOM SM receives $75 (negotiable) for running the contest.
- 2 Readers/Co-Adjudicators receive $40 each for assisting me in the reading/selection process. Additionally, a two hander of their own will automatically be selected for the SLAM, though will NOT eligible for a prize.
- The Submission Form will go live on Wed, Apr 14th, 2021 @ 12:00 PM EDT (12 Noon Eastern).
- Limit 30 Submissions. I will do my best to close the submission form as soon as I reach 30, so please keep in mind that if you successfully submit, but come in at entrant number 31 or higher, I will unfortunately not be able to accept your submission.
- Plays must be Ten Minutes or Less in length. No restrictions on format.
- NO restrictions on Genre. I hate genre restrictions. It’s possible to be creative/impactful in all genres.
- Must contain TWO Characters. No more, no less. If possible, underrepresented or vulnerable populations, though not required.
- Should (preferably) be unproduced, relatively new, or brand new. A published piece or a piece that has received a fully staged production might not be appropriate for this contest.
- Play Title must appear on the script. Otherwise, please make sure that your name or any other identifying information DOES NOT APPEAR on your script. This is a Blind-Read Contest.
- The lead adjudicator (me) will read and rank all 30 plays.
- The (two) co-adjudicators will read and rank 15 plays each, assigned by me. Neither of the co-adjudicators will read the same play. This will ensure that all 30 plays have been read by at least 2 adjudicators.
- The co-adjudicators will then share their top 3 choices with the lead adjudicator, who will then add them to his top 4 choices for a possible total of 10 finalists.
- If 5 clear selections emerge during the above step, we will of course end the selection process there.
- However, if more than 5 plays emerge (up to 10), all adjudicators will read the plays that they have not yet read and will then select 5 from that group.
- Selected plays for the SLAM will be announced by mid-MAY 2021.
- Winners of the SLAM contest will be chosen by audience poll.
SUBMISSION ARE NOW CLOSED! THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK!